v4.7 [23 May 2018]
- Bedtime mode: this extra-warm mode gets you ready for sleep and also helps you customize f.lux’s timing to work better with your actual schedule.
- Circadian response is shown when you change settings, to show how light affects your circadian system.
- Backwards alarm clock reminds you how long it is until you wake up, hopefully to get you to bed a little earlier.
- Presets to help pick your settings, or reset things when you get stuck.
- Color filters for eyestrain and other uses.
- A wider range of color settings (including very cool colors).
- You can tell f.lux to disable when particular apps are running, or when watching fullscreen movies and games.
- There are new hotkeys to adjust color a little bit at a time (Alt+Shift+PgUp and Alt+Shift+PgDn).
- Reduced impact on game framerates.
- Resolution independent interface, for high DPI.
- DisplayLink (when your monitor is connected via USB) works in a lot more cases now.
- Hue integration now supports more light types.
- LAN API with support for telling other devices when f.lux changes.
v4.4 [27 Jul 2017]
- Fixes fullscreen disable bug (sometimes would disable for desktop).
- Time formatting fixes.
- Fixes for location dialog box.
- Prompt a few times to unlock color range when f.lux starts.
- Use hardware mouse always for fullscreen disable with multiple monitors.